Vragen stellen en oplossingen geven

Moderator: ruben

ThreadLock
Matgroentje
Contacteer:

Actual Weight?

Berichtdoor ThreadLock » vr 31 dec 2021 18:48

Hi Guys,

Another question for those in the know...

It states that the 126 net weight is around 3300kgs (for a canvas covered truck) right?
About 3400kgs for a radio vehicle I think?

But, what are the actual figures as in the real life? I ask as I assume that a radio vehicle would have been weighed complete with kit (Radio Equipment etc)?

So I was wondering if any one has weighed their vehicles and I would be particularly interested in a Radio vehicle's weight without the weight?

Regards and respect to all... Kelvin

Dikkie
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Re: Actual Weight?

Berichtdoor Dikkie » vr 31 dec 2021 21:34

As far as actually weighing my vehicle, no, i haven't done so.

However bear in mind that practically all radio vehicle models lack all of their radio equipment, especially at the time they got out of service and into civil registration. Most weren't even radio trucks but were canvas covered and got a different roof later on.

Bear in mind that there's 2 majorly different hardtops, we like to call them the FM and the EZB (enkelzijband, or singlesideband (SSB)). The aforementioned FM configuration is a hardtop made out of aluminium, as opposed to the EZB made out of steel. The weights for the tops alone are, if I'm not mistaken, ~250kg for the EZB and ~100kg for the FM.
DM-62-40 (WEP), BE-22-24 (Takeldoos)
WWDD: What Would Dikkie Do?
AfbeeldingAfbeeldingAfbeeldingAfbeeldingAfbeelding

ThreadLock
Matgroentje
Contacteer:

Berichtdoor ThreadLock » vr 31 dec 2021 22:43

Hi Dikkie,

Thanks for your response...

So when people refer to the 3340kgs, that was when they had all equipment onboard including the radio equipment?

The 126 that Im looking to buy from a chap here in Ireland must be the EZB then so as the hardtop is most definitely steel!
However, Ruben has already advised that I could same some weight and remote the box cut out section on the roof buy removing the steel and replace with alloy sheeting instead.

Again, my worry is that I want to take this camping and maybe kit out the inside a little for that purpose so I cant afford to be over the 3500kgs as my license only allows me to drive up to that limit...

Regards and Respect to all as always... Kelvin

Dikkie
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Berichtdoor Dikkie » vr 31 dec 2021 23:55

Actually yes. That bit of cut-out box section is only to be found on the EZB version
DM-62-40 (WEP), BE-22-24 (Takeldoos)
WWDD: What Would Dikkie Do?
AfbeeldingAfbeeldingAfbeeldingAfbeeldingAfbeelding

Terug naar “Techniek YA126”